Join us for worship at 11am on Sundays, in-person or on Facebook Live!
August 7th, 2021 COVID-19 Update:
Join us in worship in-person on Sundays at 11am in the sanctuary. Please be sure to review the below health and safety reminders before you attend. If you are more comfortable at home, join us in worship remotely:
On August 7th, 2021 the session reviewed and considered the newest CDC guidelines for masking as well as the high rate of transmission within our county. The session recognizes that every individual has varying risk tolerance and some adults among us are at a continued high-risk. Some among our church are more vulnerable: especially our children under 12 who do not have the opportunity to be vaccinated at this time. The Session encourages you to stay home and worship online if that is more comfortable for you or a safer option for your wellness. If you are experiencing any symptoms of illness, please stay home.
Because of the surge in cases due to the delta variant and the critical situation at our regional hospital, the session of UPC discerned that it was in the best care of our church, community, and the most vulnerable among us to return to Phase III of our COVID-19 plan (with some modifications)
Effective immediately until the session reviews on August 23rd:
Masks and distancing will be universally required for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals.
Returning to Phase III with modifications:
- A few rows will remain in the back of the sanctuary for those who would prefer enhanced distancing and social distancing will be encouraged in the remainder of the sanctuary.
- Congregational singing and responsive reading will continue with masking.
- Chancel choir will remain with the added requirement of masking.
- Small groups, meetings, committees can continue with masking.
- Rally Day and potluck breakfast will be suspended until session can review on at their next stated meeting on August 23rd.
- Youth activities (for 6th grade and up) will remain with outdoor activities and masking requirement for indoor activities.
- Public events/field trips will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- Special offerings will not be passed and will return to the table in the narthex.
back. General tithes and offering will continue to be given online or at the drop-boxes.
- Paper bulletins, hymnals, and bibles will be available in the pews as well as a weekly digital copy of the bulletin. https://upctx.org/worship-resources/
- Indoor group activities for our children under 12 years of age will be suspended until next session meeting. This includes children’s church.
“If then there is any encouragement in Christ, any consolation from love, any sharing in the Spirit, any compassion and sympathy, make my joy complete: be of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility regard others as better than yourselves. Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others. Let the same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus…”